Payment for Booking
Payment is due at the time the invoice is issued if your booking is less than 6 weeks from arrival. If it is more than 6 weeks from arrival a 10% deposit is required with the balance due 6 weeks from arrival. This is our standard practice for all bookings as some of our suppliers/vendors/hosts require full payment at the time the booking is made.
The deposit is non-refundable should your booking be cancelled due to the balance not being paid in full 6 weeks prior to arrival. We will take all reasonable steps to contact you to follow up the unpaid invoice, however should we not be able to discuss this with you your booking will be cancelled.
You may cancel your booking at any time prior to your arrival however if your cancellation is made between 30-60 days prior to your arrival then you will be charged a fee of 25% of the total cost of your package.
If your cancellation is made within the period of less than 30 days prior to your arrival you will forfeit 100% of the total cost of your package unless you choose to move your booking to alternate available dates instead.
If for some reason you do not check in on the day of your booking, you will forfeit 100% of the total cost of your package. We strongly recommend you taking out travel insurance in the unlikely event of a cancellation being made for reasons beyond your control.
Covid-19 Cancellation Policy
For accommodation reservations that are impacted due to Covid-19 level changes through either a lockdown or the inability to access the getaway due to travel restrictions, postponement dates (pending availability) will be offered in the first instance.
A full refund will not be given however:
Romantic Gestures™ Ltd will do the following:
* Negotiate alternative dates of your booking with you and our accommodation providers.
* Negotiate your refund options with our accommodation providers (you may receive none or a partial refund due to costs incurred or loss of earnings due to a short notice cancellation).
For any cancellation requests due to Covid-19 less than 30 days from arrival are subject to our cancellation policy above. However, we will consider each refund request on a case by case basis.
Although not all our accommodation providers may require you to check in wearing masks, please ensure you have one handy in case. You agree to adhere to the Covid-19 processes put in place by the relevant accommodation provider and there will be no refund offered if the provider cancels your accommodation due to a violation of their conditions.
We will continue to assess the situation and will provide further information as matters progress. We strongly advise all travelers to carefully review our cancellation policies and take the appropriate travel insurance in case the above occurs.
If for some reason, you require a change in the date/time of the booking being carried out, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that this is done to accommodate all parties. If these changes result in an increase in price, you will be required to pay the difference between the original price and the new price.
However, if there is a decrease in price you may be eligible for a refund of the price difference. All changes are subject to availability. Should there be a 2 night minimum stay required for your booking and you request a reduction in the number of nights booked, changes made within 30 days of your arrival will forfeit the cost of the second night’s stay.
Unless otherwise specified, all products and services booked and paid for by cash, direct credit or credit card are non-refundable. If a refund is due, we reserve the right to make a refund in the same manner and the same currency used to pay for your purchases. This refund will be made excluding the deposit. To process your refund, if due, you will need to provide your contact and bank details. A refund may be denied for the following reasons:
- A reasonable amount of notice was not given to terminate the contract resulting in penalties from third party agencies.
- Damages caused by you and/or your guest(s) during the duration of your booking. All costs associated to any damages will be sought from you. Damages include physical, emotional, financial hardship/loss to the third party operator as a result of the damage. You will be given 5 working days from the date of the damage to pay all costs involved including costs arisen from structural repair, replacing of equipment, counselling, legal fees, funeral arrangements, re-painting. If you have not paid the cost of damages, an approved debt collection agency will intervene on our behalf. We are not liable for any costs incurred as a result of damage(s) caused by you and/or their guest(s) and you are liable for all debt collection costs.
General Terms and Conditions
The client accepts that they are responsible for the following during the duration of their booking:
- The health and well being of themselves and their guest(s).
- All legal issues that the client has that will inhibit the booking.
- Obedience to any health and safety guidelines in the areas that they are in.
- Injuries cause or obtained whilst on a booking.
- Any pre-existing or current health issues that the client of their guest(s) has.
- Any damages caused by the client and/or their guest(s) during the duration of their booking.
- No extra guests are allowed access to the getaway unless prior permission has been sought and the appropriate fee paid.
- No gatherings or parties are to be held on site of the getaway. If it is found that such a gathering has occurred after the booking ends we will invoice the appropriate cleaning fee.
The client accepts the following conditions prior to confirmation of their booking:
- All payments made by credit card will incur a fee of 4% (+0.45c) of the total cost of the booking.
- Full payment must be made at time of booking.
- Should additional third party services be required for your booking, a 50% service fee will be charged upon a cancellation.
- Any honeymoon itineraries created by Romantic Gestures Ltd ™ will incur a fee of 20% of the total cost of the itinerary.
- Romance planning and co-ordination services will be charged at a rate of $100.00 per hour unless otherwise agreed upon by both parties. A deposit of $100.00 will be required in order for any planning to proceed.
Booking Alternative Getaways
From time to time we may need to use our extensive database of alternative getaways that are not on our website, to make bookings for clients. When we do this we need to add a 10% fee to the cost of the booking as we do not have an agreement with them in place at the time of booking. This is simply to cover our expenses. While we prefer not to add an extra fee to the cost of the booking, our goal is to always ensure that clients can get away on their preferred date(s).